Russia - Ukraine war timeline on May 18, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in eastern Ukraine remains tense: Russian armed forces and their militants continue ceasefire regime violations all across the frontline in the war zone in eastern Ukraine; they opened fire 23 times upon Ukrainian troops positions over the last 24 hours, inclusing 5 times on Luhansk direction, 8 times on Donetsk direction, and 10 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Ukrainian forces positions came under Russian fire from grenade launchers and heavy machine guns several times at Tryokhizbenka, Stanytsya Luhanska and Novozvanivka;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian forces opened fire from forbidden 122-mm mortars in Novotroytske; in addition, the enemy used heavy machine guns during shellings at Hranytne as well as grenades fire in Pavlopol; Russian armed attacks near Avdiivka continue, the enemy fulfilled endless firings from forbidden 82-mm and 120-mm mortar launchers as well as grenades and small arms upon Ukrainian postions there; to this end, Russian forces opened fire 3 times from forbidden heavy mortars on this direction; Zaytseve and Opytne reported as hot spots on this direction as well;
(4) Mariupol direction: the enemy opened fire from artillery systems of 155-mm caliber upon Ukrainian positions near the village of Slavne; the enemy released 40 mortar's mines, 70 artillery shells on this direction over the last day; to this end, 6 mortars and artillery firings reported on this direction over the last day;
(5) 3 Russian UAVs were spotted over the Ukrainian land during the last day; one of them bombed the location of Ukrainian unit from explosive devices;
(6) Ukrainian intelligence on Russian armed forces and militants recent losses in the war zone in eastern Ukraine: 6 killed and 9 wounded on May 16,2016 and 3 killed and 5 wounded on May 17,2016;
(7) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen, but 10 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last 24 hours.