Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of July 25, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine remains tense. Russian armed forces and their proxies opened fire 61 times upon Ukrainian troops positions over the last day, in particular: 5 times on Luhansk direction, 27 times on Donetsk direction and 29 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian armed forces and their proxies actively opened fire from the different types of weapons at Novotoshkivske, Zolote, Novozvanivka, Novooleksandrivka and Lopaskino;
(3) Donetsk direction: situation remains tense in Avdiivka industrial area, where the enemy opened fire from 122-mm self-propelled artillery guns, 120-mm and 82-mm mortars, grenade launchers and small arms upon Ukrainian positions; in addition, 2-hours-long firefights between Ukrainian forces and 8 Russian subversives took place, as result 2 Russian occupiers were killed and 3 more were wounded; the enemy used 120-mm mortars against Ukrainian troops in Troytske, 82-mm mortars in Opytne and Nevelske, and grenade launchers in Novgorodske and Luhanske; to this end, 13 times Russian forces opened fire with heavy weapons on this direction;
(4) Mariupol direction: the enemy used 120-mm, 82-mm mortars and a tank while shelling towars Krasnogorivka and Talakivka, which resulted a secondary scholl building damages; in addition, Talakivka was shelled by Russian occupiers from forbidden 122-mm artillery and 120-mm mortars; the enemy used 120-mm mortars near Vodyane and Krasnogorivka; Russian forces actively fired with 82-mm mortars, APCs, grenade launchers and high caliber machine guns nearby Azov sea area; the epicenter of Russian fire was Maryinka, where about 30 Russian militants attempt to seize Ukrainain blockpont twice, so Ukrainian defenders were forces to use grenade launchers and small arms; to this end, 11 times occupiers used heavy weaponry on this direction;
(5) 3 Russian UAVs were spotted over the sky in Donetsk Oblast;
(6) Russian armed forces losses in the war zone in southeast Ukraine during the last day are as follows: 11 killed and 14 wounded;
(7) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen, but 5 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.