Ukraine war updates on April 19, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in eastern Ukraine remains tense. Russian armed forces opened fire 46 times upon Ukrainian troops positions over the last day; in particular, 11 times on Donetsk direction, 29 times on Mariupol direction and 6 times on Luhansk direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the enemy violated ceasefire regime all across the frontline from Stanytsya Luhanska to Popasna; Russian forces opened fire upon Ukrainian positions once with the use of heavy arms; to this end, the enemy used small caliber arms during shelling upon Ukrainian positions in Stanytsya Luhanska and Tryokhizbenka;
(3) Donetsk direction: combats between Russian and Ukrainian troops took place in Novgorodske and near Donetsk (on Avdiivka - Krasnogorivka frontline); Russian forces opened fire upon Ukrainian positions near Avdiivka, Krasnogorivka, Novgorodsk and Nevelske with the use of forbidden 120-mm and 82-mm mortars; Russian forces used forbidden heavy arms in Taramchuk and Slavne and small caliber arms in Verkhnyotoretske and Hranitne; to this end, 6 mortars Russian shellings reported on this direction over the last day;
(4) Mariupol direction: The hottest spots reported in Maryinka and Dokuchaevsk suburb; Russian armed forces and proxies released 120 mines and 30 artillery shells upon Ukrainian positions over the last day; the enemy fired with the use of grenades (2 times), mortars (9 times) and APCs (3 times) upon Ukrainian troops yesterday; the enemy used mortar fire as well as receiver artillery against Ukrainian troops near Berezove nad Novotroyitske; the Kremlin occupiers activated shellings at Maryinka, where they used snipers fire, APCs, small arms, grenades and mortars about 15 times; Russian forces opened fire from forbidden heavy arms in Shyrokino;
(6) Ukrainian armed forces returned fire 19 times upon Russian occupiers over the last day;
(7) Despite the facts, reported by the volunteers, official data says there were no lethal casualties among Ukrainian troops over the las t24 hours in the war zone in eastern Ukraine: No Ukrainian servicemen killed in action, but 8 servicemen were wounded in action.
Image credits mediarnbo.org